Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sweet Allergen-free Treat

OK, this isn't a recipe, just an idea and not even one I came up with originally. I actually (a) wanted to show off this photo and (b) haven't been doing much cooking lately, except Christmas cookies. 



My first grader celebrated his 7th birthday the day before Thanksgiving break, and his classroom has quite a few allergies, and he loved the idea of these fruit kebabs with miniature marshmallows. I found the long (4") fruit skewers at Party City. The cocktail umbrellas I had on hand. A peeled clementine is holding one up in the center. I made one tray up to be pretty, and took the rest of the fruit and marshmallows to school for the kids to make their own. So, healthy sweet treat, kids could pick what they wanted on their skewers, and fun little easy activity. Anyone surprised that I saw several skewers of marshmallows only? 

Note: make sure that you remind kids to remove the fruit from their fruit kebabs instead of (oops) eating from the sharp pointy sticks. (everyone was fine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment